Warré Hive The Peoples Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Warré Hive The Peoples Forum

This is a forum for builders of Warre Hives and Beekeepers who keep bees in Warrés.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Adsense
Google Translate
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Beek Webring
Powered by WebRing.
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Warré Woodworking

Go down 
AuthorMessage
J. Ferguson (Admin)
Beekeeper

Warré Woodworking Empty
PostSubject: Warré Woodworking   Warré Woodworking EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 1:15 pm

Here is my Warré Hive so far. Built as close to the plans as I can. The top box is made from cedar and the bottom box is made from pine. All boards are 1" thick nominal, All things being equal I like building with Cedar better. But alas they are not equal. I can build three pine boxes for the price of one cedar. The screws are plated roberts drive screws which I am fond of for boatbuilding. The glue I use is Titebond II. It is cheap and waterproof. Screw heads will be filled with a mixture of Titebond II and sawdust.

Warré Woodworking My_war11
Back to top Go down
https://warreforum.forumotion.com

Warré Woodworking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warré Woodworking   Warré Woodworking EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 2:29 am

When making my first Warre hive I decided to use standard Langstroph frame components for my top bars and cut a section out of the middle of the top bar and then doweled the two sections back together to the correct length. I did leave shortened side bars, as Warre mentioned in his book, and this prevents any attachment to the side walls. The assembled top bar with side bars also allows for the correct spacing of 35mm. I also put in a mesh floor as in Auckland, New Zealand we have a very mild climate and need that ventilation.
From the photos attached you can see the underneath of the boxes
Back to top Go down

Warré Woodworking
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warré Hive The Peoples Forum :: Warré Hive Building-
Jump to: