Warré Hive The Peoples Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Warré Hive The Peoples Forum

This is a forum for builders of Warre Hives and Beekeepers who keep bees in Warrés.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Adsense
Google Translate
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Beek Webring
Powered by WebRing.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

The forum is quiet, too quiet!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
J. Ferguson (Admin)
Beekeeper

The forum is quiet, too quiet! Empty
PostSubject: The forum is quiet, too quiet!   The forum is quiet, too quiet! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 6:10 pm

Folks are coming and going but nobody is posting anything. It's almost like a party without alchohol or something.

Is everybody ready for spring, I know I'm not? I have several Warré boxes to finish and my top bars.
Back to top Go down
https://warreforum.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: The forum is quiet, too quiet!   The forum is quiet, too quiet! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 6:42 pm

Patience! People need to get used to the idea.
Well done anyway.
Back to top Go down
Bush_84
Egg
Bush_84

PostSubject: Re: The forum is quiet, too quiet!   The forum is quiet, too quiet! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 6:44 pm

Pretty much ready. I plan on expanding to 6 hives if my current TBH and Warre survive the rest of the winter. All 4 new hives will be Warre. The only thing I have to do now is apply some linseed oil to the hives. How warm do you think it has to be to apply Linseed oil? Have you ever done Tung oil? I have heard of some people using it and I have a hard time finding regular linseed oil.
Back to top Go down
J. Ferguson (Admin)
Beekeeper

PostSubject: Re: The forum is quiet, too quiet!   The forum is quiet, too quiet! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 2:38 pm

From boatbuilding I know that you can soak wooden parts in linseed oil that is just below it's boiling point. The guys used to use old crock pots. I would recommend a double boiler arrangement and do it outside away from the house if possible and keep a fire extuingisher nearby.

I would coat the outside of the hive boxes but let the bees do their own treatments to the inside.

I have never used tung oil.

You should read this:

http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman/linseed.html
Back to top Go down
https://warreforum.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The forum is quiet, too quiet!   The forum is quiet, too quiet! Empty

Back to top Go down

The forum is quiet, too quiet!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warré Hive The Peoples Forum :: Warre Beekeeping-
Jump to: